Thursday, December 3, 2009

Out of the cure and into the fire(frying pan)!



They say that patience is a virtue. I am not sure who "they" are, but I think "they" are idiots. There is no way they ever considered patience in relation to waiting for a pork belly to cure so we could enjoy some fresh bacon.

Anyway, Sunday I took the belly out of the cure and it looks great. After about 2 1/2 hours in a 200 degree oven, it came out perfect. Due to my slowly developing food photography skills, the picture above just does not do it justice. I fried up a bit and it tastes as good as it looks.




Also pretty excited about my first crop of Meyer lemons out of our citrus "orchard" in the backyard. If you have never tried a Meyer lemon, you are missing out. Kind of a cross between an orange and a lemon. Sweeter and less acidic than your standard lemon so they go great in sauces and salad dressings without being overpowering.

Stay hungry my friends.....


No comments:

Post a Comment