Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Food = Obsession? Hobby? Lifestyle?

Those of you that know me, know I love food. I love to eat it, cook it and analyze it. Being Italian, food was and still is a centerpiece for my family's social gatherings. Whether it was hanging out in the kitchen with Mom and eating the meatballs fresh out of the skillet, or helping with the annual sausage making, the kitchen was the place to be.

Fast forward to today and things haven't changed among my family and friends. Go to any gathering and you will find the kitchen packed. Is it because that is where the food is? Sometimes, but I think it is more of a desire to connect with the food that is being prepared and served. OK, there may also be a guilt factor of guests not wanting to leave me alone in the kitchen while everyone is socializing elsewhere.

Through this blog, I want to chronicle some of my cooking exploits and experiments. Whether it is a step by step prep and process of making fresh bacon, or canning my near famous candied jalapenos, I hope you enjoy the efforts.

Who knows, maybe I can figure out how to make a living doing this. What is life without dreams, right?

Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment