Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Recipe


Not a week goes by that I don't find a recipe in a magazine, on a website or on TV that I am intrigued by and want to try. I, like many of you out there, have countless pages of recipes stashed for that "one day" I will finally get around to trying them.
The recipes I found in Food and Wine magazine for beef jerky last month were no exception. The difference here is I actually got around to making it.

The recipe for jerky is ridiculously easy. No special equipment or ingredients needed. Just an oven, some pans, eye of round and some basic marinade ingredients.




The result above is a traditional peppered jerky. Sliced to 1/4 inch, marinated in soy, worcesthire and pepper for about 8 hours. Throw it in the oven at 200 for about 3-4 hours and you have jerky.

Countless variations to try. Should be fun.

Mangia-

No comments:

Post a Comment